Feb 19, 2010

Some old provisions...

These will surely take you back in time if you were in your schools in 80's and 90's as i was!
Just see them and fly back to that time........ when owning all these was so fun!

Hero Pens


Bril Ink, Camel and also Chelpark was there I remember!


Ball Point Pen.. Still we use it!

Our Geometry Box


Nataraj Pencils!


Camel Gum!


Our Sports Shoes!


Stamps.. which was a common hobby among almost all kids then!


Post Card!


Inland Letter! Hardly anyone uses all these now.. :(


Wow! Bubble Gum... what a strawberry flavor its still fresh in my mouth!


Cold Drink most famous apart from Thumps Up... was Gold Spot the zing thing!


Hmm I still remember this dialing Telephone... how exciting it was then to own one!


Floppy Disk!


Film Camera!


Film Rolls!


Audio Cassette!


Video Cassette!


School Pick Up! wow what a fun it was with all friends taking a ride on it....


We left back all these and now replaced with all branded Parker pens, shoes and all various funky designed geometry boxes, and bags. Post cards and letters replaced with phone calls, and telephones are replacing with mobile phones, iphones and blackberry.... cassettes with MP3s....hmm what a change!

BUT!

Still miss all those wonderful Days!...... :(





9 comments:

Hari said...

Coming back from school with ink marks on the front pocket from a leaking pen that had Bril ink on it!! Those were the days !!

Unknown said...

Quite a collection, takes me back to old days surely!
I wrote a post recently on old TV ads of Cadbury's. Think you will like it. You can read it at http://express-explore.blogspot.com/2010/02/cadburys-girl-dances-on.html
Enjoy!

Meethi Imli said...

@ Hari... yes..that ink was so intense... and i remember it spreading on my friends on the last day of annual exam... :)
@ Pushkaraj I dnt think these kids enjoy as much as we did in those days..! and i saw your collection of Cadbury's Ad too... i too have so many old ads on my orkut profile..!

Anonymous said...

I saw you on the facebook which redirected me to this blog,,, to say the least - I think i have brushed the memories of my childhood... all the stuff delineated were of our Juvenile age. But we all should appreciate a fact and that's CHANGE. Disruptive innovation is a way of life and every generation has its own charisma, grace to share. We had our own way of co-relation and so does the current and past generation. Thanks for the post and i loved it :-)
Bhanu

Meethi Imli said...

@Bhanu, yes you are right, every generation has its own Charisma.. And i accept that CHANGE is Life... But I love those days.. and i here just intent to refresh those days that's all. Thanks for enjoying my post keep coming to my blog... :)

magiceye said...

the wonderful scroll down memory lane! very refreshing!

Meethi Imli said...

Thanks magiceye! :)

Unknown said...

yehhh dear u r pretty right >>>> it take back in 90's & when i saw kids going school. My mind says lets go ones again start school from K.G.again >>>

Meethi Imli said...

Yeah Nitesh! yes i too feel the same many a times... thx for sharing your views here and enjoying my post.. :)